Color Me Neon
Dare to be bold with this fun trend. You can start by wearing a neon dress with accessories in neutral colors. J.Lo, for example, paired a neon pink Michael Kors dress with black Gucci sandals and Hermés bracelet.
Now, if you want to look for stylish, try pairing two neon colors. The fashion icon wore a neon yellow michael Kors dress with hot pink Casadei pumps. Bright yellow also goes well with indigo and cobalt blue and purple.
Add a pop of color to any outfit with bright neon shoes like these Casadei pumps Kim paired with a silver Catherine Malandrino dress.
Here are a few options to help you keep up with the latest style:
- Neon pink Steve Madden sandasl, $79.95.
- Neon green Fergie pumps, $69.95 on Zappos.com.
- Neon yellow Heart Soul sandals, $59.99 on Piperlime.com.
Following in her sister’s steps, Khloe added a splash of color to her outfit with a pair of neon orange Jimmy Choo platform sandals. We saw this hot trend on Spring/Summer runways such as Chanel, Celine, Diane von Furstenberg, Nanette Lepore and Christian Siriano.
This season, the streets have been invaded by neon jeans, like this pair worn by the young Mexican star. She paired her neon blue jeans with a black top and shoes, but finished off with a bright yellow skinny belt; a perfect color combination for the season.
Get the look with these affordable jeans:
- Hot pink BDG jeans, $68 on UrbanOutfitters.com.
- Neon yellow jeans from Topshop, $60.
Take note from the actress –in a Giambattista Valli outfit– and wear a hot pink piece of clothing with another in red. These two shades look great together. Now, if go for this combination, we recommend choosing accessories in neutral colors.
A blouse in a neon shade is ideal for the spring and summer seasons. Kim Kardashian’s younger siste pulled off a super chic look putting together a white skirt, cropped black blazer and a bright yellow blouse.
Get on trend with these tops:
- Neon coral top from Forever 21, $15.80.
- Vince Camuto Sleeveless Bow Blouse, $69 on Dillards.com.
SARAH JESSICA PARKER
You can also rock this trend with a stylish summer scarf. Other neon accessories such as bracelets, head wraps and jewelry can also transform any outfit. And for the beach, neon bathing suits are also very of-the-moment.
If wearing neon clothes is a little too risqué for your taste, go for a splash of neon on your nails.
Show off your bright nails with one of these nail polishes:
- Orly nail polish in Beach Cruiser, $8 on Ulta.com.
- American Apparel's NEON nail polish in Neon Yellow, $6.
- Forever 21's Love & Beauty nail polish in Dark Neon Orange, $2.80.
Bright neon lipstick has gone from the runway to the red carpet and he streets. But, if you do opt for neon lips, make sure that the rest of your makeup look soft and natural and that it complements your outfit instead of competing with it. We recommend the cat-eye look for your eyes.
Be the center of attention with these fun shades of lipstick:
- MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick, $14.50.
- Sephora's Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm in Paradisso Purple, $10.
- KA’OIR lipstick in Ooh La-La, $14.99.