What you didn’t know about Spanish actress, model and mother Elsa Pataky, mostly known for her roles in the Fast and Furious franchise and being Thor’s wife.
Sure, Elsa Pataky looks stunning on the covers of magazines, walking with her “Sexiest Man Alive” hubby Chris Hemsworth on red carpets or striking a pose in fashion campaigns, but there are plenty more reasons to fall in love with the Spanish actress, 42. Besides the fact that she can handle the heat in action movies like The Fate of the Furious alongside Vin Diesel or war dramas like 12 Strong (with Hemsworth), the versatile actress seems most devoted to her role as mother to India, 6, and twins Tristan and Sasha, 4, whom she shares with the Thor actor. Here are 5 reasons to keep her on your radar.
1. She describes herself as a “Crocodile Dundee girl.” Check her Instagram post below holding a snake without flinching! The actress told People about living in Australia with her family: “We love it. We live there now and it’s a long trip, but I think it’s a different life for our kids that we decided is the best for them. They live in nature surrounded by animals. It was my dream growing up, I grew up in a city, and I always had the dream to be with animals, surrounded with nature, close to the beach.”
Forget glamping Down Under. Fame and fortune don’t seem to have changed her humble essence. “We feel so lucky to have been able to go on an incredible trip to Western Australia, a beautiful place with amazing people. We slept in tents, had little water, and no phone signal or wifi. We were able to connect with our kids, partners and friends in deeper, different ways. Without the stress of routine, without agendas, plans or luxuries. Just beaches, shells, surf and games around the camp fire. I feel very fortunate,” she posted on Instagram with a makeup-free photo with her husband on the beach (below).
2. She is a talented equestrian! Her Instagram feed is filled with beautiful photos of Elsa riding horses. She enjoys getting on the saddle and shares her love for animals and nature with her children.
3. She supports important causes. She uses her public voice and bilingual Instagram to raise awareness (in English and Spanish) about issues like improving childhood cancer treatments, getting women to have breast cancer screenings and protecting ocean life.
4. She gives sweet social media shoutouts to her mom. For Mother’s Day, she wrote on Instagram, along with an adorable TBT photo of her as a little girl with her look-alike mamá: ”Because of you I am what I am today! Thank you! I love you!”
5. She quotes Aristotle! She shared this “emotional intelligence” quote by the Greek philosopher on Instagram: ”Anyone can become angry — that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way — this is not easy.” Word!