5 Things to Know and Love About Chiquibaby, Un Nuevo Día’s Newest Cohost
In honor of Chiquibaby’s brand-new job for Telemundo’s morning show, here are 5 things to know about the hardworking, fun-loving Latina.
Chiquibaby is spicing things up at Un Nuevo Día. The Mexican star just joined Telemundo's morning show today as cohost with Adamari López, Rashel Díaz, Marco Antonio Regil and Hector Sandarti. Born Stephanie Himonidis, 38, the radio host's bigger-than-life personality has also made her a sensation on the small screen and social media. Here is what you need to know about the one and only Chiquibaby!
1. She uprooted herself for the gig. "This a big dream come true for me, and I'm truly very happy," she told People en Español of joining Telemundo's morning show. "It all came as a big surprise." Formerly, she was a cohost for the entertainment show Acceso Total in Los Angeles in Telemundo's 52 KVEA and just moved to Miami to join Un Nuevo Día.
2. She's paid her dues to live the American Dream. Born in Guadalajara, Mexico, Himonidis came to the United States in 2001 with hopes of breaking barriers and making it as a communicator. Over the past 19 years, she has built a career as a radio and television host. Her syndicated radio show, El Show de la Chiquibaby, can be heard on more than 50 stations all over the U.S.
3. She is all about girl power. The motivational speaker seeks to empower women to pursue their dreams and overcome life's obstacles. "I like to be informed about different topics, not just entertainment and music, but also news and topics that affect our community. I think I have the responsibility to be the best communicator I can be. I have a big sense of commitment to all of those people who have believed in me, who have put me where I am today," she says of transforming the lives of viewers.
4. She's up for anything. From overcoming her fear of heights and riding in a helicopter to showing followers how to make guacamole for a Superbowl party in an Instagram video, Chiquibaby is always up for a new adventure. Her feed is filled with images that show her zest for life and #YOLO mentality: In one moment, she'll be showing off some bling on the red carpet; the next, she'll be making the first pitch at a Padres game - dressed in full baseball uniform!
5. She is true to herself. "I like being different, original, authentic, always positive and with joyful attitude," she tells People en Español. "We will be having fun, I think that's part of the show, to have fun and at the same time inform viewers."