5 Things To Know About J Balvin's Muse, Argentinean Model Valentina Ferrer
When J Balvin walked the Grammys' red carpet holding the hand of a gorgeous blonde, everyone wondered who the Colombian singer‘s mysterious muse was. It's Argentinean model Valentina Ferrer, 25, who spoke to Ponte Bella about her dreams, career goals and the “Mi Gente” singer. Here are some things to know about the ‘It Girl'.
1. She represented Argentina at the Miss Universe pageant. Ferrer is a former Miss Argentina who got to the top 10 in the battle for the crown of the world's most beautiful woman. “It had been 30 years since Argentina got to that place”, she proudly says.
2. She never planned to be a model. “After studying physical education in Buenos Aires, when I was 20 years old I went with my friends on a vacation to Miami and that's where Erin Lucas, who was the director back then of Elite Model Management, saw me and asked me if I wanted to be a model”, she recalls. Her first runway show was at Miami's Swim Week and she was paid $100 for it.
3. She can take the media attention that comes with dating J Balvin. “I enjoy it, I love going to events. I love music and I love to be able to go with him”, she says of being the singer's date to Premio Lo Nuestro and the Grammys, among other highly publicized gigs. “I feel comfortable in front of cameras so that's never been a problem.”
4. She made her acting debut. “I starting working on the series Betty en NY (Telemundo) and I loved the experience”, she admits. “It's a comical series and I love comedy, laughing at myself. I play myself so that's the best part. I used my own name and everything. It was very interesting and fun.” Ferrer says she looks forward to starring in a TV series or movie in the near future.
5. She breathes fashion. When she is not on the red carpet or the catwalk, her style is casual. She likes the ‘tomboy look', “things that look manly or oversized.” She also goes for the sexy rocker look. “I love heels, I'm super tall, but if it was up to me I would wear heels all the time,” she admits. “I love Balenciaga, purses and boots, they go very much with my style.”