Rice With Chicken (Arroz con pollo)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 of a small onion, diced
- 1/4 of a green pepper, diced
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cilantro leaf, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and a bit of minced garlic. Cut in strips and set aside.
- Cut the tomato in 4 pieces and blend until they reach the consistency of salsa. Set aside.
- In a medium to large saucepan, add a tbsp. of olive oil and heat on medium high. Once it starts to sizzle, add chicken and brown a bit.
- Add onion and green pepper and let cook for 1 min. With caution, add water and cover the saucepan.
- Once the water starts to boil, add tomato, bell pepper, cilantro and oregano.
- Let water boil for 5 min. and add the remaining 3 tbsp. of olive oil and the rice.
- Keep portions in mind: Approx. the size of a fist for a serving of cooked rice and the size of an open hand for a serving of chicken.