Dyson teamed up with Jen Atkin for the hair dryer of the future
Dyson has unveiled the future of hair care with their first-ever hair dryer, the Supersonic. After four years of research and $71 million spent on development, the company is finally taking its steps into the beauty industry.
With advanced technology, this product is set to solve the problems we encounter with the common hair dryer.“Hair dryers can be heavy, inefficient, and make a racket. By looking at them further, we realized that they can also cause extreme heat damage to hair. I challenged Dyson engineers to really understand the science of hair and develop our version of a hair dryer, which we think solves these problems,” said founder James Dyson.
Celebrity hair stylist Jen Atkin is joining the company on their new product category. Atkin will serve as the official US ambassador of the Dyson Supersonic.“If you know anything about me, you know I'm a lover of innovation and new technology, and the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer is just that,” she said. “I can dry hair quickly and it feels light in my hand. Plus the aesthetic is so gorgeous.”
The engineers at Dyson studied 1,010 miles of human hair and made technology that has never been seen with this type of product. A few of the innovations include:
1. It's intelligent heat control, helping to ensure hair isn't exposed to excessive heat and never goes above the temperature selected.
2. Air Multiplier™ technology to draw air into the motor and amplify it threefold to create a high pressure, focused jet of air, angled at 20° for controlled, precise drying and styling.
3. This dryer has four heat settings, three airflow settings, and a cold shot.
4. Dyson has created three precisely engineered magnetic attachments: the styling concentrator for precise styling, smoothing nozzle for smooth wide air, and the diffuser for curls.
5. The attachments have Heat Shield technology to remain cool to the touch meaning the surfaces of the attachment will never get hot. Also, being magnetic, it's easy to remove and adjust.
6. The Supersonic has the smallest, lightest, and most advanced digital motor from Dyson. The motor helps reduce that noisy sound and tone we hate from hair dryers.
The Dyson Supersonic will be sold exclusively at Sephora stores and sephora.com starting September 2016 for $399. SVP of Merchandising at Sephora, Artemis Patrick shares, “It is a privilege to work with Dyson, a leading technology company, as they innovate and help further revolutionize the hair care category.”