1 of 10
The color-blocking trend made way in 2011 and continues to be a staple of chic style this season. Aside from outfits in color blocks, now more than ever the style has carried over into accessories, including shoes, like these worn by Selena Gómez (Cesare Paciotti), Katy Perry (Giuseppe Zanotti), Jessica Alba (Roger Vivier) and Solange Knowles (Fendi).
2 of 10
GET ON TREND
Color-block shoes are perfect for adding a pop of color to an outfit in a neutral color such as black, white or beige. However, you can also go bold by wearing your favorite pair of color-block shoes with an outfit with some color; just make sure to choose solids over prints.
Here are some affordable options:
- Jessica Simpson sandals in lilac, blue and yellow, priced down to $69.99 on Dillards.com.
- My Delicious Rainer platform shoes in teal, indigo blue and neon pink, $29 on LuLus.com.
- Makers Shoes wedges in neon orange tones, $54.99. Visit MakersShoes.com for stores.
- Steve Madden platforms in purple, fuchsia and blue, $99 on Macys.com.
- Bakers platform sandals in blue, green, neon pink and black, priced down to $49.99 on BakersShoes.com.
3 of 10
CORK IS IN
Cork shoes are hot among A-list celebrities. And we’re not just talking platforms, like the pair worn by Kim Kardashian (Giuseppe Zanotti), Jennifer Hudson (Christian Louboutin) and Michelle Williams (Stella McCartney), but also shoes made completely from the lightweight material, as is the case with Penélope Cruz's this Christian Louboutins.
4 of 10
GET ON TREND
This choice of footwear is ideal for the spring season due to its light weight and natural neutral color that matches with just about anything.
Get on trend with these ideas:
- Nine West turquoise platform pumps, $89.99 on LordandTaylord.com.
- Aldo animal prints sandals with cork wedges, now on sale for $59.98.
- Sam Edelman cork peep toes with gold platforms, priced down to $89.99 on Zappos.com.
- G by GUESS peep toeS with floral prints and cork platforms, $49.95 on dsw.com.
5 of 10
Many top fashion designers included wedged sneakers in their Spring/Summer collections. Marion Cotillard, Beyoncé (Isabel Marant), Keri Hilton (Giuseppe Zanotti) and Lindsay Lohan (ASH) are just some of the starlets known for sporting the stylish and comfortable footwear as of late.
6 of 10
GET ON TREND
If you are a fan of athletic footwear, you will love the super comfortable and equally fashionable styles out this spring. However, if sneakers are an option fit only for the trip to the gym, don’t fret, we assure you that you fashionista; so, dare to wear them!
Here are a few recommendations:
- Jeffrey Campbell multicolor wedged sneakers, $200 on JildorShoes.com.
- Black and white Rock & Candy wedged sneakers, $79.95 on endless.com.
- Gray Nine West sneakers, $75 on Macys.com.
- ASH bronze and gray sneakers, priced down to $117 on NeimanMarcus.com.
7 of 10
CAP TOE SHOES
This particular style of shoe, originally designed by the one and only Coco Chanel, should have a permanent place in your wardrobe as it is a bare necessity for the spring season. These shoes walked many a runway for designer brands including Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Lurent and, naturally, the king of high-priced footwear, Christian Louboutin, among many others. Celebrities such as Heidi Klum (Christian Louboutin), Jessica Alba (Giuseppe Zanotti), Solange Knowles (Stuart Weitzman) and Kristen Stewart (Louis Vuitton) are fans of the trend.
8 of 10
GET ON TREND
Cap toe shoes look great with everything, from a cocktail dress and dress pants to skinny jeans and short shorts. So, there is no excuse.
Here are some suggestions:
Reiss in nude with gold toe caps, $285 on ReissOnline.com.
Vince Camuto in red snake print leather with metallic toe cap, $225 on ShopTheShoeBox.com.
Topshop flats with gold metallic cap, $56.
Lauren by Ralph Lauren black and white shoes, $98 on Dillards.com.
Asos striped shoes with gold toe caps, $109.07.
9 of 10
WITH SOME BLING
Shoes and boots adorned with stones and sequins have been in style the last few seasons, but for this spring/summer season, bling bling can now be found on platforms and high heels. Salma Hayek, Michelle Monaghan (Brian Atwood) and Gabrielle Union (Gianvito Rossi) are the faces of this new trend.
10 of 10
GET ON TREND
This style does not only work with an elegant gown. Add a chic touch to a casual outfit with a pair of shoes with studded heels and/or platforms.
Get on trend with these styles:
- Green peep toe shoes from ModCloth.com, $59.99.
- Zigi Girl beige peep toe platform heels, $168 on LuLus.com.
- Dereon black peep toe shoes, $74.95 on Amazon.com.
- For $30, you can transform any shoe into a trendy piece with the Heel Condom. Available on TheHeelCondoms.com.
¡Cómo han crecido los hijos de Bibi Gaytán y Eduardo Capetillo!
Luis Miguel a sus 47 ¡mira cómo ha cambiado!
Actores que nos gustaría ver en el papel de Jesús
Hacemos un repaso a la breve e intensa historia de amor de Marc Anthony y Shannon de Lima
Estos famosos, como JLo, han sido víctimas de acosadores