1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins 9:00 A.M. EST on August 3, 2013 and ends 11:59PM on August 21, 2013. Pre-selected DJ’s are to return the People en Español background check questionnaire no later than August 2nd. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
2. JUDGING: The photos, YouTube and/or Soundcloud links and quotes describing why each DJ deserves to be “Texas’ Top DJ” will be posted on www.peopleenespanol.com/festival August 6, 2013 – August 21, 2013. Selected entrants must pass their background checks in order to be considered. Fans will vote on their favorite DJ’s during this timeframe. On or around August 22, 2013, the top 3 voted upon DJ’s will then be judged by a panel of People en Español editors. All entries will be judged by editors of People en Español based on the following criteria: Alignment with Festival PESP brand – Entrant’s presentation should feature content that aligns with the Festival People en Español brand (25%); Experience – Entrant should have experience level deemed appropriate by People en Español editors (25%); Numbers of followers in entrant’s social networks – Entrant’s social network should be deemed appropriate with People en Español editors (50%).
Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Potential winner will be notified via Email or phone on or about August 23, 2013
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. TERRITORIES who are 19 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of People en Español and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One confirmed winner will win the following:
- Chance to DJ at the Alamodome during Festival People en Español
- A special on-stage presentation by Emilio Estefan, gifting Sound Machine™ by Monster Headphones
- Chance to produce an official remix of a song by a Festival performing artist (Pending talent confirmation)
- Custom section on PeopleEnEspanol.com/festival to showcase “DJ’s Festival Playlist”; a list of that DJ’s favorite songs by Festival performing artists
- Q&A with DJ to live on PeopleEnEspanol.com/festival
- Photos of winner in the Festival PESP recap section of People en Español magazine (December/January 2013 issue)
Approximate Value: $500.00 All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. The winner may be required to execute an affidavit or waiver of liability and/or publicity release..
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except People en Español reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at People en Español’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate People en Español to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of People en Español, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such post and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to People en Español a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted social media posts, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 3 business daysfollowing the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the social media post and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for People en Español and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, social media post or other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold People en Español and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. People en Español, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the People en Español deems likely to subject the People en Español, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the People en Español in any way. If such information is discovered by People en Español after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, People en Español may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, People en Español may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the People en Español are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. People en Español is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: People en Español is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by People en Español or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the People en Español reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. People en Español reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, People en Español reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after August 30, 2013 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to People en Español 1271 Avenue of the Americas, Office 27-108 New York, NY 10020 after August 30, 2013, available for a period of 30 days.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is to TI Live Events, Inc.; 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020