GETTY IMAGES
People Staff
February 28, 2008 AT 04:00 PM EST

British army officials have pulled Prince Harry out of Afghanistan, People.com reports. His position in the war-town country became unsafe when it was revealed on Thursday that he had been secretly fighting the Taliban.

The son of the late Princess Diana had been on the frontline in Afghanistan since Christmas Eve.

“Prince Harry is very proud to serve his country on operations alongside his fellow soldiers and to do the job he has been trained for,” the 23-year-old prince’s spokesman Paddy Harverson said in a statement.

Prince Harry was serving as a second lieutenant in the Blues and Royals regiment of the Household Cavalry in a dangerous province of the Middle Eastern country.

Before going to Afghanistan, the young prince said that he was eager to gain experience in war-torn countries, and even admitted that he was upset that he wasn’t able to go to Iraq last spring.

You May Like

EDIT POST