After months in court, the alleged sex worker Alfredo Cervantes Landa, who brutally attacked TV show host Fabián Lavalle, will be sentenced to five years in prison.
“Today is the final chapter. I’ll never have to look back on this again. It’s a closed case,” said the 58-year-old Televisa Espectáculos employee.
Although the former host of the TV show Con todo, preferred not to discuss the sentence, which many thought was too kind, he said he did so because his family had received many death threats.
The scandal between Fabián Lavalle and Alfredo Cervantes Landa, 42, started october 31, 2007, after the police found the radio and TV show host lying on the street in critical condition. Initially, Lavalle said he was attacked by an random stranger, sources held that not only did he know his attacker, but that he’d had a long romantic relationship with him, and that earlier that night they had spent some time together in a hotel in Mexico City, where Lavalle allegedly paid him for sex.