It’s okay to admit that sometimes we get lazy. It’s work, exams and activities while trying to stay on top of our beauty routine. Being dedicated to your beauty game is easier said than done. Here are a few tips for the time-pressed chicas who don’t want to put in too much effort.
1. Don’t have time to make your eyes more dramatic for an after-work soiree? Smudge your eyeliner with a cotton swab to turn it into a smoky eye look. No need to carry around an eye shadow palette.
2. A busy week means less time for hair maintenance. If you need to get away with not washing your hair for two or three days, dry shampoo could be your best friend. It helps take away the itch from the scalp, while absorbing oil.
3. If you’re too lazy to go buy dry shampoo for the previous tip, apply baby powder to your roots before bed. The powder soaks up excess oil. Be sure to sprinkle evenly so you don’t end up looking like Cruella de Vil.
4. If the curling iron isn’t your expertise or you just don’t have the patience, tie your hair in a loose braid before bed for waves in the morning. It also saves your hair from heat damage. Double whammy!
5. Keep makeup remover wipes on your nightstand so you have no excuses when it comes to taking off your makeup before you go to sleep. Everyone knows how bad it is to sleep with your makeup on as it leads to breakouts and dirty pillows, ew. Make sure to only rely on this tip for those exhausting nights and give your face a good wash most nights.
6. Roots need a touch-up but you don’t have time for a salon visit in your schedule just yet? Don’t part your hair in the middle and camouflage the roots with a side part. A little volume at the crown also helps.
7. Overgrown or chipped manicures happen, we get it. Solve either of those problems with glitter polish. For overgrown manicures, add glitter to the bottom of the nail for that ombre effect and for chipped nails, add to the entire nail for an effort-less but pretty distraction.
8. If you’re on-the-run all the time and never have time to wait for anything to dry from your makeup setting to your at-home manicure, invest in a small desk fan for your room. It will definitely speed things up.
9. The beautyblender team has created a tool for the lazy girl or the girl with no coordination to do a cat-eye. It’s called the liner.designer. It’s a rubber stencil that helps achieve a professional looking eyeliner result in seconds. Available now at sephora.com for $16.
10. If you snoozed your alarm clock one too many times and you don’t have time to apply makeup— stick to mascara, a dab of blush, and a tinted lip balm. The mascara will wake up your eyes, the blush will add some color to your face and lip balm is a must.
11. Hats are a stylish and perfect investment for those bad hair days. It’ll save you that time you would spend getting your hair together.