After rumors spread that Kanye West would have four minutes on stage to say whatever he wants at the MTV Video Music Awards, everyone tuned in to see what the rapper would say.
Although West did deliver his usual rant, it was the star of his debuted music video for Fade that left people talking. Those watching the VMAs and celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen took to Twitter to talk about Teyana Taylor and her knockout body. So who is Taylor? Here are five facts to know about the showstopper.
1. The 2016 Video Music Awards wasn’t Teyana’s premiere on the music network. She starred in a season 4 episode of MTV’s My Super Sweet 16 back in 2007. Taylor celebrated with a 1980s-themed extravaganza.
2. Unfortunately to all the fellas who drooled over the music video— she’s engaged. NBA star and Cleveland Cavaliers player Iman Shumpert proposed to Taylor in November 2015. Shumpert also starred in West’s video getting steamy in the shower with his fiancé.
3. Teyana made headlines back in December after giving birth in her bathroom. “This is definitely the best assist I’ve ever recorded in my life,” Shumpert posted on Instagram. “We were indeed terrified until I finally saw her hair…then the fear left and I kinda just knew what to do! Our bathroom is forever sacred.”
4. Teyana may not have sung in the video but she is actually a singer. The chart topper earned the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums list with her first album VII. Taylor has also contributed her vocals to a few of Kanye’s songs.
5. The triple threat also has acting in her resume. Teyana has appeared in a handful of movies including Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming and Madea’s Big Happy Family.